The Vietnamese Government has confirmed its extended exemption of Vietnam visa for Spanish citizens who have planned stays in Vietnam for no more than 15 days.
No Vietnam visa required for Spanish citizens until June 2018
Overview of exemption of Vietnam visa for Spanish
The current program allows Spanish citizens to enter Vietnam without the need to process a visa, provided that:
- their arrival date does not fall within 30 days from exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption and
- their passport has a validity of at least six months.
It is recommended in all cases to travel with proof of the exit ticket of the country within the period of 15 days that governs the exemption of the visa.
What for those not eligible for this Vietnam visa exemption policy
First of all, it is important to clarify who, Spanish passport holders, are not eligible for this Vietnam visa exemption policy. They are those:
- who wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days;
- who have arrival date falling within 30 days since exit date of their last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption.
What if it is your case?
In this case, you need to obtain a valid visa for your entry in to Vietnam. But HOW?
There will be two assumptions then:
1. If you wish to stay for no more than 30 days:
- You can obtain a Vietnam e-visa, which is just for tourists with single entry;
- You can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival, which is just for those traveling to Vietnam by air; OR
- You can obtain a Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy, which is maybe just convenient for those very close to Vietnam Embassy.
2. If you wish to stay for more than 30 days:
- You can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival, which is just for those traveling to Vietnam by air;
- You must obtain Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy if they do not travel to Vietnam by air.
A brief comparison between these two ways can be found here: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/why-use-vietnam-visa-on-arrival-service/