Many people feel confused about Vietnam Visa on arrival procedures, Prices and Fees, Vietnam Visa approval letter, Validity, Scams, etc. We are writing this article in the hope of helping travelers all around the world coming to Vietnam not to be concerned about Visa on arrival in Vietnam any more.
1. Who can apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival?
a. Those traveling by air to Vietnam
c. Visa on arrival does not exit in Vietnam
d. Those transiting in Vietnam
e. Those traveling overland to Vietnam
The answer: a. Those traveling by air to Vietnam
2. When I apply for VOA to Vietnam, besides traveling by air to Vietnam, do I need any other requirements?
Yes, you have. You need to have at least 6 months valid and left pages (more than 1) on your passport.
Also, check whether you need a Vietnam visa or not as some nationalities can be exempted visa for a short time. See the lists of Vietnam visa exemption.
3. Is there any risk of getting visa on arrival to Vietnam? Is Vietnam visa approval letter valid?
You can check on National Ordinance No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 related to entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam to see:
– Who is responsible for what in term of Vietnam visa issuance: Vietnam Immigration Department (belongs to the Ministry of Public Security)
– And who and how and how long can get a visa to entry Vietnam
– Of the 26 articles, the following ones might help you – potential Vietnam visa applicants know why a travel agency can assist you to get Vietnam visa approval letter.
4. Now, let’s see what Vietnam Visa approval letter is
It is an official document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department for the purpose of permitting the document holders to enter Vietnam, get the visa stamped onto your passport at Vietnam International Airports, and stay in Vietnam within the entry and exit date cited on it. See example of this document below:
5. How about fees and Charges of VOA?
Some often misunderstand about fees of Vietnam visa on arrival or some thinks they are double-charged when using this service. Clarify it as bellows:
To get Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to pay two types of fees:
– Service fee: You pay travel agents online (ranging from 15 – 50 USD)
– Stamping fee: It is the fee you pay to Immigration Officers at Vietnam airports to get your visa stamped on your passport. 25 USD for single entry and 50 USD for multiple entry visas. The travel agents make no deal with this fee.
6. How do I fill out entry and exit dates in the Visa application when I do not make sure exactly about these dates?
If you are not sure about your arrival date and exit date, you can note your proposed arrival and exit date. You can stay in Vietnam within your visa duration (for three month visa, you can stay in Vietnam for 90 days). Also you do not forget, you are not allowed to enter Vietnam before your arrival date noted in your visa.
7. One notable thing for first time user of VOA is that you should have visa approval letter before you get on flight as your airlines will check it in check-in procedures as a compulsory document. Some have been refused to get on board for not having the letter.
Moreover, you can read more about FAQ on Visa on arrival to Vietnam on Trip Advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vietnam:Faq.Visa.On.Arrival.Voa..html
We do hope that you will have an unforgettable trip to Vietnam and no worries about Vietnam visa!
P/S: Special for those deciding using our Vietnam visa service, we have 3 extra services: Airport fast-track service, Car pick-up service and Visa extension. Check out soon!