Vietnam visa on arrival is a type of visa that travelers pick up upon their arrival at Vietnam airport. Before departure for Vietnam, they need to obtain for a visa approval letter online, and then after landing at one of the four international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi’s Noi Bai, Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat, Da Nang and Nha Trang), they will get visa stamped onto their passport by presenting their original passport, 2 recent passport-sized photos, Vietnam visa approval letter, entry-exit form and stamping fee at the Visa on arrival counter.
The process sounds simple, but arriving at an airport of an unfamiliar country may take travelers much time to figure out where to get full visa on arrival there. Not all airports are the same, even those four airports in Vietnam are arranged differently. Thus, we’d like to do a series on “How to get Vietnam visa on arrival at Vietnam airports”, starting with Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi.
First, let’s get to know the map of Noi Bai airport. This is the ARRIVAL terminal, in which the red lines indicate the directions that people follow to do arrival procedures.
(1) Upon entering the immigration hall, look to your left to find the Vietnam visa on arrival counter.
(2) Submit your passport and Vietnam visa approval letter, and entry and exit form (also known as Vietnamese visa application form which is sent to you by the visa agent or available at this counter).
(3) Proceed along the right-hand side of the office to the counter at the opposite end and wait until the officer calls your name (most of the time, he or she will also hold up the passport with your photo facing out).
(4) Submit stamping fee (cash only), photos and completed entry-exit from to the officer who then stamp your Vietnam visa. You will get your passport back and a receipt.
(5) Check the information on the Vietnam visa carefully before proceeding to the next step.
It should take about 15 to 30 minutes to have your visa on arrival Vietnam stamped. Now you already have your Vietnam visa. Should anything go wrong along the way, it is advisable to call the agent in charge of arranging your Vietnam visa on arrival for help. With Vietnam visa in hand, you now can continue with other arrival procedures.
(6) Return to Immigration Control
(7) Move to baggage reclaim and Customs.
One should not be overwhelmed by the process at arrival airport to get Vietnam visa on arrival. It is still most recommended that travelers use Vietnam visa on arrival for their convenience. You will not have to struggle if there is any mistake while processing documents thanks to the assistance of visa agents.