Great news for all international travelers to visit Phu Quoc Island is that they are entitled to a 30-day visa-free stain in the island. This was announced by the Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung under the decision No. 80 dated December 27 to support local authorities’ plan to transfer the island into an economic zone.
In order to be eligible for the 30-day visa exemption to Phu Quoc Island, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months since your arrival date;
- You must have a round trip air ticket to and from Phu Quoc. The onward destination after Phu Quoc can be any other destination except Vietnam. Flights can be either direct to Phu Quoc or transiting through one Vietnam’s other international airports with the final destination being Phu Quoc.
- Your stay on the island must be less than 30 days.
In case you plan to visit other parts of Vietnam after Phu Quoc, you will require a Vietnam visa. And in this case, you may:
- Obtain a Vietnam visa for your whole trip in Vietnam; OR
- Travel to Phu Quoc island with Vietnam visa exemption and then contact the Vietnam Immigration Officers there to obtain Vietnam visa.
In case the first option is selected, you can apply for Vietnam visa on arrival if you travel to Vietnam by air via international airports including Noi Bai of Hanoi, Tan Son Nhat of Ho Chi Minh city, Danang of Danang city and Phu Quoc of Phu Quoc island.