The Agreement was signed on May 24, 2007 and valid on June 23, 2007. The exemption of visa includes exemption for entry, exit and transit visa. The duration of stay subject to visa exemption begins from the date of entry. The intension of visa exemption agreed upon between Vietnam and South Africa are as follows:
- Exemption of visa is granted to bearers of diplomatic passports or official passports with the stay duration not exceeding 90 days from the date of their entry.
- Exemption of visa during the whole tenure is granted to bearers of diplomatic passports or official passports who are members of the diplomatic mission or consular posts on the territories of the other Party and members of the families of the above-mentioned people bearing diplomatic passports or official passports.
You can check detailed Vietnam Visa requirements for South African citizens or simply continue reading this post.
In case you are South African citizen & you want to stay in Vietnam for more than 90 days, you are required to get a Vietnam Visa.
Now, we will instruct you a new method to get Vietnamese visa that is very convenient and less time consuming. The most convenient and time-saving option as mentioned above is to obtain a valid tourist visa to Vietnam for South African citizens, which is called Vietnam Visa on Arrival. Holders of this kind of visa are let to enter Vietnam through any of 5 international border gates including Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Khanh Hoa and Ho Chi Minh City.
Vietnam Visa On Arrival has much more simplified procedures
Normally, all South African citizens need to pay two kinds of fee to get Vietnam visa on arrival. They are approval fee (service fee) and stamping fee.
Approval fee could be easy known as the fee that you need to pay for getting visa application from Immigration Department of Vietnam. South African citizens can pay by Credit card, Pay Pal, Bank transferring or Western Union. The thing you could get after paying is a visa approval letter via email or post (if you want). At this stage, you are considered as being success and approved.
The second fee type is stamping fee. This type of fee you can pay at Vietnam International airport when you get the visa stamp. The fee is the same for every country citizens. Note that to be stamped on arrival for foreigners, the Immigration Department officer will require you to submit the visa approval letter that you got from previous stage and also your passport.
To be easy to catch up, we will summarize the procedure of Vietnam Visa on Arrival as below:
- Select “Apply Online” to fill in the simple Vietnam Visa Application Form on: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/
- Get Approval Letter via Email
- Get Visa Stamped upon Arrival
Note: Travelers just need to apply online to get a Visa Approval Letter beforehand and then get approval letter via email and finally get visa stamped upon their arrival at Vietnam airports.
For further support about Vietnam Visa & Vietnam tourism related, don’t hesitate to contact us through Hotline +84. 946.583.583 or email at [email protected].