Visa to Vietnam is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except citizens of countries having visa exemption inclusion in bilateral consular agreements with Vietnam. Visas can be applied by mail or in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Australia.
Vietnam tourist visa can be applied BY POST or IN PERSON (by the applicant or anyone on his/her behalf) at the Embassy.
Applying by post:
First, download the application form from the Website.
Second, the Applicant must submit or send by registered/express post to the Embassy (Add: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT 2606) the following documents:
1. Original and valid PASSPORT which must have at least one-month validity after the expiry of the visa and one blank page left. Please keep note of your passport details in case you might need them while your passport is with the Embassy;
2. One completed APPLICATION FORM with one passport-size photo affixed on the Form. Please fill the form eligibly and accurately to avoid misinterpretation and to facilitate the visa processing. You will be responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide in the Application Form;
3. If you require your passport(s) to be returned by post, please send in a return self-addressed prepaid ENVELOPE (Express post or Registered mail is recommended)
4. Vietnam visa fee must be paid in cash, money order or bank cheque payable to “the Embassy of Vietnam”. We accept Australian dollars only. Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay and visa types, please contact the Embassy for further information from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm. Contact phone numbers: 02.62868465 (Direct Line) Or 02.6286 6059; 02.6290 1556; 02.6290 1894; 02.6286 6267 (EXT: 101/ 102)
5. When you get the visa back, please remember to check all the details on the visa (passport number, date of entry, date of exit, single or multiple entry) before you travel.
Applying in person:
Alternatively, if you wish, you can come to the Embassy at number 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT 2606 to apply for visa(s) where you will get assistance on site by our staffs. Our office is open from 9.00AM to 5.00 PM from Monday to Thursday, 9.00 to 4.30 PM on Friday, except Australian public holidays.
- Upon receipt of the application, it takes THREE working days by normal service for your passport(s) with the visa(s) to be ready for collection at the Embassy or for return by post in the return envelope you provided. EXPRESS SERVICE is available and incurs extra cost. If you need Express Service, please contact the Embassy for further information from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm. Contact phone numbers: 02.62868465 (Direct Line) OR 02.6286 6059; 02.62901556; 02.6290 1894; 02.6286 6267 (EXT: 101/ 102)
- Delivery time by the post office is not included in the processing time above and dependent on the Post.
- Once you have received your passport(s) with visa(s), please check carefully all the details. Should there be any discrepancies or errors, such as the dates of arrival/departure, the types of visas, please notify the Embassy immediately. If the errors are the consequences of the inaccuracy of the information you provided in the Application Form, the Embassy will not be responsible for them, and any additional costs that incur from remedy of the errors will be born solely by you. After the visa(s) have been stamped on your passport(s), if you want to change the dates of arrival/ the types of visas, you need to pay the extra costs. Please note that all payments are non-refundable, even if you want to cancel the visa(s) which have already been issued.
- Visa application for children should follow the same procedures if the children hold their own passports. Children are under 14 years of age are not required to sign the Vietnam Visa Application Form.
For further query, please have your question(s) ready, brief and focused before contacting the Embassy. The Visa Section telephone line is open from 9.30 AM to 5 PM Monday to Friday except Australian holidays.
More information on Vietnam visa on arrival online can be found at vietnam-visa.com.