Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an entry visa:
– No visa required for travel less than 30 days: Citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
– No visa required for travel less than 15 days: Citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.
– No visa required for travel less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months: Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports
– No visa required for travel less than 60 days: Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
– No visa required for travel less than 60 days: APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies
– Special Phu Quoc Exception: Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days will also be exempt from visa application. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
– No visa required for Japanese citizens who hold valid diplomatic or official passports.
You can visit http://www.vietnam-visa.com/ to know how to obtain a Vietnam visa.