As happily reported by Vietnam-visa.com which have been assisting travelers to obtain a visa for Vietnam for over 10 years, there is great news for all foreign flight crew members to Vietnam that they will need to obtain a visa for each of their flights to the country. This policy is announced under the resolution issued by the Vietnamese government on July 21, 2016.
According to the resolution, the Vietnamese Government agreed with the visa exemption policy for a flight crew of foreign airlines operating in Vietnam on the basic principle of reciprocity.
Beneficiaries of the resolutions, regardless of their nationalities, will be:
- crewmembers of foreign airlines in Vietnam on international flights to and from Vietnam which are conducted by those airlines;
- crewmembers of foreign airlines operating in Vietnam who come to Vietnam on commercial flights or other transportation means to perform flight duties on flights departing from Vietnam;
- and crew members of foreign airlines operating in Vietnam who come to Vietnam on those airlines’ flights as crew members and then leave the country on commercial flights or other transportation means as passengers, regardless of their nationalities.
Crew members under the resolution will be able to enter the country without a visa and reside temporarily and travel freely on Vietnam’s territory, except for restricted areas regulated in Vietnamese laws, until they take the next ordinary flights.
To benefit from this resolution, the crew members upon entering or leaving Vietnam must show:
- their passports which are valid for at least six months,
- valid crew member identification cards, and
- documents affirmed by the airlines that indicate their flight duties.