Vietnam, a rich land in tourism potential, is always an attractive destination for tourists around the world, including New Zealand tourists. For New Zealand tourists visiting Vietnam for the first time, the problems about the flights or how to get Vietnam visa from New Zealand will be concerned. Today’s article will help New Zealand travelers answer these questions. Let’s check it out!
Airlines from New Zealand to Vietnam
How to get to Vietnam from New Zealand
New Zealand has a dense domestic and international airport system covering the cities with 62 active airports, including the 5 largest airports that connect New Zealand to the rest of the world. They are Christchurch International Airport, Wellington International Airport, Auckland International Airport, Nelson Airport and Blenheim Airport, among which Auckland International Airport is the largest airport in New Zealand. However, the airport in Mangere, 21 km to the south of the downtown Auckland, the Wellington airport, close to the center of the capital, 7 km to the southeast of Wellington, is the airport serving flights from or to New Zealand.
Up to now, there have been no direct flights between Vietnam and New Zealand, so travelers are required to take on transit flights. You can choose air services by carriers such as Singapore Airlines, Jetstar Asia, Thai Airways, and Etihad Airways. And your flight will arrive in one of three international airports including the international airport of Da Nang, Tan Son Nhat International Airport and Noi Bai International Airport. We also hope that in the coming time, two countries Vietnam – New Zealand will cooperate to operate direct flights between the two countries. Here are some typical routes for New Zealand – Vietnam flights.
- The routes of Wellington – Hanoi are operated by 7 airlines, namely Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, China Southern Airlines, Silkair with about 47 flights per day. The time for flight is from 18 hours to 20 hours with fares ranging from $689 to $2991. In particular, Vietnam Airlines is the airline with the most frequencies with about 20 flights a day.
- The route of Wellington – Da Nang is operated by the following airlines: Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific Airlines, Korean Air, and Silkair… The airline also operates flights to Wellington indirectly with the time frame of 17 hours to 18 hours. The ticket prices range from $689 to $1,093.
- The route of Wellington – Ho Chi Minh City is operated by three airlines: Pacific Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airlines and Dragonair with about 45 flights per day from Christchurch. In particular, the airline with the most flights is also Vietnam Airlines with the price of $779 – $3,798.
Corresponding to each airline, the flights will have 1 transit point. If you choose Thai Airways, the flights will transit in Bangkok and with Singapore Airlines, the flights will transit in Singapore…
So what is the most appropriate time for tourists to travel from New Zealand to Vietnam? The peak season of Vietnam tourism is in the summer. Therefore, this is considered to be the ideal time to go from New Zealand to Vietnam. However, this is not a good time to buy cheap tickets because of the relatively high ticket prices. Want to buy cheap tickets, it is best you should avoid the peak travel season and buy tickets 2 to 3 months in advance.
Moreover, if you intend to go to Vietnam, you should also be active in the preparation of applying for Vietnam visa. Applying for a Vietnam visa will take a long time if the paperwork is a problem. Therefore, it is best to prepare well before the flight, and the visa matters will not affect your flight.
How to get visa to Vietnam from New Zealand
As usual, to get visa to Vietnam from New Zealand, there are 2 common ways:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival (visa is stamped at Vietnam International Airport on arrival
The visas on arrival are very convenient for people living away from the Embassy of Vietnam and do not want to send the original passport by mail.
- Issued by: Vietnam Immigration Department
- Processing time: 1 or 2 working days
- No passport required
- How to get a visa at the airport? Visit the website https://www.vietnam-visa.com/, fill in the online application form, pay the service fee and wait for only 2 working days (for normal service) or 1 working day (for emergency service). You will receive your visa approval letter, and then bring this letter of approval + your passport + 2 photos + stamping fee (US dollar) to stamp your visa at the airport.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassies
You apply for a Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in New Zealand
- Issued by: Embassy of Vietnam
- Processing time: 4 to 5 business days
- The original passport required
Vietnamese Embassy in Wellington, New Zealand
- Address: Level 21, Grand Plimmer Tower, 2-6 Gilmer Terrace P.O. Box 8042, Welllington, NEW ZEALAND
- Phone: (644) 473 5912
- Fax: (644) 473 5913
- Email: [email protected]
- Before applying for a Vietnamese visa, you must ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months and there are some blank pages.
- Vietnam visa on arrival applies to foreign visitors to Vietnam by air.