Visa is the very first thing that anyone needs when enter a foreign nation. However, Vietnam visa is not required for all. Citizens bearing ordinary passports from some countries and Vietnamese living overseas can stay in Vietnam without visa for certain days.
- Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Indonesia citizens can be exempted from Vietnam visa less than 30 days.
- Phillippines citizens: less than 21 days
- Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Belarus, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany citizens: less than 15 days
Vietnam Visa exemption list can be found at: http://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption/
Remember that if you want to stay in Vietnam longer than the exempting-time, you need to obtain a Vietnam visa. It is rather simple to get Vietnam visa exemption.
1. For foreign citizens from above mentioned countries
There is no need to do anything to get your Vietnam visa exemption. You need to show your passport twice: when you get on board and when you pass Immigration Counter at Vietnam airports. At Vietnam airports, your passport will be stamped with Vietnam visa exemption.
2. For Vietnamese living overseas
Vietnamese living overseas have two options:
- First: Please directly contact the Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your area for “visa exemption letter”. Please click here for more details http://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/
- Second: If you would like to save your time, you can apply for Vietnam visa at http://www.Vietnam-Visa.com for special discounted Vietnamese visa cost for Vietnamese living overseas.