Useful Information for New Zealanders to get Vietnam Visa on Arrival
1. Who can get Vietnam visa on arrival?
All New Zealand passport holders can get Vietnam visa on arrival if they travel to Vietnam by air. Otherwise, they should apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy in New Zealand or in a third country.
2. How to obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival?
It is very easy to obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival for New Zealanders. The whole procedure is summarized in 4 short and simple steps as follows:
- Fill out online application form for visa approval letter with required information, consisting of:
- Contact information (name, email and phone number);
- Visa information (visa type, purpose of visit, visa duration and arrival airport);
- Applicant information (full name, nationality, gender, date of birth, passport number and passport expiry date).
- Check information again to make sure all details you provide is correct. Then, make payment of service fee (also known as visa letter fee);
- Check your email within 2 working days to get visa approval letter and detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport;
- Get visa stamped at your entry point in Vietnam.
3. When to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
As Vietnam visa will start from your granted arrival date, not the date of application, you can submit the application form whenever you are clear about your plan. However, you are highly recommended to submit the application form at least 3 working days prior to your arrival date to make sure you have enough time to check all details carefully.
4. How to avoid time at airport to get visa stamped?
It may take up to 20 – 30 minutes to get visa stamped at the airport in Vietnam depending on number of travelers staying in queue for the same purpose as yours. However, using fast-track service offered by Vietnam-visa.co.nz can save you such amount of time. With this kind of service, you will have a person follow the visa procedure and get visa stamped on your behalf.