Among a number of things to prepare for a trip to Vietnam, getting Vietnam visa is not the most significant but the very first task to be completed as efficiently as possible. Some may get confused about Vietnam embassy visa and Vietnam visa on arrival. So what is the difference between them?
Vietnam embassy visa
Vietnam embassy visa is the visa which you can get at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate. No matter where you are or which passport you hold, you can reach for the nearest Vietnam Embassy/Consulate to apply for a visa. The time and the price of processing a visa vary from the Embassy/Eonsulate. Normally, it will take you 3-7 working days. All information about getting Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy/Consulate you can find at the website of the nearest Embassy/Consulate.
Vietnam Embassy visa is applied for those who travel by land, by air, by train and by sea.
Vietnam visa on arrival
Vietnam visa on arrival is the visa applied for those who travel by air to Vietnam only, and will get their visa stamped onto their passport at the immigration check-in when arriving at the Vietnam International Airport. By submitting the approval letter together with your passport (6 months validity), two 6-month valid photos, and stamping fee, the visa will be stamped onto your passport.
You are advised to use this kind of Vietnam visa when:
– You travel to Vietnam by air
– There’s no Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country or near you
– You would like to avoid all the Embassy/Consulate chasing-down, hassle, and to save your time.
To get visa on arrival all you need to do is as follows:
– Getting visa approval letters by visiting the website https://www.vietnam-visa.com, filling in the form and sending to us. After 1 working day (normal service) or 2- 3 working days (normal service) of receiving your final confirmation on payment for service fee, we will send you a copy of the pre-approved letter by Vietnam Immigration Department for picking up Vietnam visa at Vietnam’s international airports.
– Print the approved letter and bring 2 photos sized 4×6cm with you for picking up visa at the Vietnam international airports.
– Stamp your Vietnam visa and pay the stamping fee directly at the airports.
You can see Vietnamese visa cost here https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-fees.